618 (June 18th) is a promotional event in China created by e-commerce platforms, which has already become a once-a-year shopping carnival for netizens. It successfully reversed the low season of the retail industry in June and July, opening a new sales growth for e-commerce. If you’re interested in how to win e-commerce war, grab a piece of cake and read “2019 618 E-commerce Insights”.
- Compared to last year, mobile activity doubled and social e-commerce DAU increased by 220%.
- Outstanding results from warm-up activity on 6.1 (June 1st). The gap between 6.1 and 6.18 decreased from last year.
- General e-commerce platforms remain to be consumers’ main interest. Brand and rebate discounts platforms gained significant growth.
- Food and beverages category gained the largest share of all categories in page views, while sports category marked the biggest increase.
- Traffics on Taobao and Tmall are relatively scattered on several days, while Jindong has its peak on 618. Pinduoduo exceeded Jingdong and Tmall in overall app activation rate.
- Five trends from e-commerce demographic data:
1) Majority of the users are female;
2) Users in first/second-tier cities account for the most part, but ratio of third/below-tier cities is growing;
3) Users’ age groups are polarized;
4) Male users like using brand e-commerce platforms and are careful with calculation and budgeting;
5) Female users prefer social e-commerce platforms.
For more information, download the full report from here. The deck is “2019 618 E-commerce Insights” by 360.