Have you ever wanted to create WeChat official account from overseas with a foreign business license but don’t know how?
In this video, our WeChat marketing coach, Karen will teach you how to create WeChat official account outside of China.
◆ Karen Ho
WeChat Marketing Coach
WeChat official account creation, content management, WeChat ads solution, etc.
Karen is a skillful Digital Marketing Specialist, expertise in Google Ads, Facebook & Instagram Ads and YouTube Ads for industries i.e. Banking, Tourism, Property, E-commerce and Health service.
Experience in managing and setup client’s multi-channel digital campaigns on different platforms, create insights based on the performance.
First, go to official website: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/ click on “Register now” to start.
Now you will see different account types, select “Service account” which is the default option available for non-Chinese businesses. *Note that overseas official account features are different from the local official account.
Fill in the credential information required, use email address that have not been registered with any other official account; verify the email address by entering the six-digit verification code sent your email and setup a password, then click the “register” button to continue.
Now you will come to registration info page, here you will need to fill in the business details and the admin’s info which including full legal name, passport details and a valid mobile phone number. The phone number will be needed to be verified by entering the verification code from the text message you will receive. Once done fill in every detail, click the “Continue” button to continue. You will then receive confirmation when the info is successfully submitted.
The last stage is to create an account profile, you will need to fill in your account name (you can mix Chinese and English character but there is character limit and special characters are not allowed). Select your country where your company is incorporated. The account is created when this step done with validation! After this, you will have to verify account within 30 days otherwise it will be cancelled. Most functions are not enabled without verification and do note that the official brand account and its content are considered legitimate by users.
1. Firstly, click on the “Enable” button in the verification instruction screen to start the registration process. A lightbox will show you the documents that you need to prepare, then download the official application/verification letter document from the system, we recommend downloading it in Simplified Chinese and English and completing both.
2. Next step: review and fill in the official “application/verification letter” document. If the information is not fully clear to them or matching your documents, you might need to redo the application letter, remember to sign and stamp document. Few notes for you:
Make sure you write all names exactly as on the company official documents and passport. Including each dot, comma and differences in capital letters
Make sure the document is signed by the official legal representative of the company and the contact person for the account
Add a company stamp or chop if available
3. Now you will come to the stage to fill in the more details of business details and the admin’s info again, contact info here is only used for verification process. Also, you will require to upload the requested documents: Business license, official application/verification letter, contact’s mobile phone statement/bill (needs to include the contact name, the phone number, the company name, phone number and a minimum of 3-month payment history) and ID/passport/driving license copies (front & back) you can upload the same passport copy twice. No need to upload the backside of a passport.
Warm notes: – Documents must be uploaded in English. If your source documents are not in English, you might have to get the officially translated or notarized.
4. Then fill in your account name here, if you have a trademark on your selected name, select the option otherwise select “custom name” and click “next” to continue.
5. For invoice information, select whether you need an electronic invoice or not, e-invoice usually will be sent out within 10 working days after passing the verification. Last but not least, submit the payment of $99 USD for verification fee, you can pay through WeChat pay or credit card payment. Once payment done, just wait for WeChat team to review your verification application. Be aware that they might contact you by phone during Chinese working hours to confirm the provided information again, not to worry about speaking language as they are able to speak sufficient English in most of the time.
If you think the registration process is long and complicated, another alternative way is to use a third-party Chinese business license, OctoPlus Media provide all kind of WeChat marketing solution, we can create an account on your behalf and guide you all the way.
Learning from China Marketing Academy? You will never regret doing so because you will:
Join us as we continue to share! Keep up with the latest videos and news by following us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
↠ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OctoPlusMediaGlobal
↠ Twitter: https://twitter.com/OctoplusG
OctoPlus Media Global Limited
Hong Kong | Shen Zhen | Guang Zhou | Singapore | Malaysia
Talk to our team.
It’s a team with one single shared goal, which is our client’s success.
Deliver results for your business now.